Monday, October 25, 2010

My Father was Arrested for Practicing Medicine without a License!

"My Father was arrested for practicing medicine without a license!" Yes, it's true. Although he had 5 state licensures for chiropractic, it didn't matter in the state of Louisiana. It happened back in the 1960's and the last time was in 1968. There they didn't license D.C's (Doctors of Chiropractic) and D.O.'s (Doctors of Osteopathy) until 1974! My Dad received his licensure 6 years later in 1974 for the state of Louisiana. He was practicing in Oklahoma by then and chuckled when he got it.

Such a rich part of history of our profession! Approximately over 200 D.C.'s went to jail from the mid 1910's to the 1960's. They've even created a Bell Tower in Marietta Georgia where Life Chiropractic University inducted my Father among many other D.C.'s for their valiant efforts to save this great profession from the auspices of the medical dogma.

The irony of these events is that upon being forced to leave Lousiana or go to Leavenworth Jail, my Father sold his home to a medical doctor! You an imagine the emotions that were evoked by my Dad?

So, for some of you this may explain my behavior as a son of a jaildog! Ha Ha Ha Iwill have to elaborate the many stories that surround his events of those years from 1960-1968 in Lousiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment